Re: BUG #1176: PHP connection - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Oliver Elphick
Subject Re: BUG #1176: PHP connection
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Tue, 2004-06-22 at 10:29, PostgreSQL Bugs List wrote:

> Details:
>
> The error report is :
> FATEL: IDENT authentication failed for user "postgres"
> I am a new user. pls help me....

You must ensure that the authentication options are set correctly in
$PGDATA/pg_hba.conf.  This file is described in chapter 19 of the manual
(Client Authentication).

Presumably PHP is running from a webserver.  In that case, you cannot
use "ident sameuser" authentication  to give access to any user but the
one under whose identity the webserver itself is running.  If you want
to have different users connecting through the webserver, you will have
to use some kind of password authentication instead.

     "Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with
      God through our Lord Jesus Christ."       Romans 5:1