Re: RHEL 2.1 rpms for 7.4.2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scot L. Harris
Subject Re: RHEL 2.1 rpms for 7.4.2
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 2004-06-18 at 21:03, Hadley Willan wrote:
> Hi People,
>     Does anybody know where I can find Redhat Enterprise Linux 2.1
> versions of the latest Postgresql release?
>
> I've had a look at http://opensource.nederland.net/  but they're only
> 7.4.1, which is the current version I'm running.
>
> Thanks

Why not build it from the source files at the main site?

I just did this on a FC2 system, well not the latest, but 7.4.2 anyway.
In addition I built the latest PHP as well as Apache from sources.

Only trick I used was to grab the startup scrips from the older versions
and modify them for use with the latest versions.  Very easy.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid@cfl.rr.com

If you want to know how old a man is, ask his brother-in-law.