Re: (No Subject) - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Franco Bruno Borghesi
Subject Re: (No Subject)
Date
List pgsql-sql
I remember reading somewhere that it was possible to execute system commands from plperl...  don't know if it's the
bestway, but you could do an exec of pg_dump from inside a plperl procedure.<br /><br /> On Fri, 2004-06-11 at 01:36,
procedurallanguage/SQL syntax? Using pg_dump from console is very confusing for some end user who don't have Linux
skills.so I decide to create a function to do that, and they may call it from my application.

Thanks

William

Check out the new EudoraMail at</i></font>
TIP 9: the planner will ignore your desire to choose an index scan if your     joining column's datatypes do not match