Re: Problem with PQexecPrepared - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From David Stanaway
Subject Re: Problem with PQexecPrepared
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 17:21, Jeroen T. Vermeulen wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 04:44:12PM -0500, David Stanaway wrote:
>
> > The type I am passing is a char** and it is expecting const char*
const*

> Not that it would be a problem here, because the array itself is const
> and so the function could never write its own pointer into it.  I
think
> it's one of those rare situations where a cast is justified.

Thanks for the clarification. I thought it was odd to have to cast to a
const in this case. I changed the call like such:
 res = PQexecPrepared(serverp->connection,       serverp->queryps[BILLING_INSERTROUTED]->prephandle,       nparm,(const
char*const*)parms,NULL,NULL,1);

If the prototype had been for const char** I would not have needed to
change anything, the API author I guess is being thorough.

--
David Stanaway <david@stanaway.net>