Re: Moving pg_autovacuum from contrib to src/bin - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Matthew T. O'Connor
Subject Re: Moving pg_autovacuum from contrib to src/bin
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Sat, 2004-05-29 at 15:02, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Sat, 29 May 2004, Matthew T. O'Connor wrote:
> > I can wait, but I am really trying not to miss the feature freeze which
> > AFAIK, is still happening in a few days.  Is that changing?  Will I have
> > time if I wait a few days? Especially given that my backend hacking
> > skill leave much to be desired.
>
> We're discussing it in core right now, but Tom's feel is that we can have
> PITR if we wait the extra month, which will also give a bit more time to
> hammer out any bugs in Win32 ... so figure on having the extra 4 weeks to
> work with ...

That will help me a lot with pg_autovacuum integration also.  So, I will
wait until Tom finishes work on the bgwriter and use that as a template
for autovacuum integration.

Please let me know when the official decision is made so that I can plan
appropriately.

Thanks much,

Matthew