Re: Possible changes to pg_restore - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Possible changes to pg_restore
Date
List pgsql-hackers
<hywel@hmallett.co.uk> writes:
> Would it be possible and worthwhile to add functionality to pg_restore so
> that with one switch triggers/indexes/constraints could be ignored, and
> with another switch only triggers/indexes/constraints would be restored?

You should probably go back and look at the archives from the last
go-round on that.  I believe it was during the 8.4 devel cycle.
Somebody (might have been Simon, but not sure) submitted a patch for
three-part output from pg_dump, it was discussed and sent back for
revision, and the revision never materialized :-(.  But IIRC there
was reasonably clear consensus on what the feature ought to look like.