Re: Moving postgres to FC disks - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Cott Lang
Subject Re: Moving postgres to FC disks
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Tue, 2004-04-20 at 17:27, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> > -Currently, the internal RAID volume is ext3 filesystem. Any
> > recommendations for the filesystem on the new FC volume? Rieserfs?
> >

> XFS

What Linux distributions are popular in here for PG+XFS?

I'm very disappointed that Redhat Enterprise 3 doesn't appear to support
XFS/JFS, or anything else. Suse Server 8 seems very dated, at least from
the eval I downloaded. I'm curious as to where other people have gone
with the death of RH9. I'd have gone on to Redhat 3 if I wasn't
interested in getting some of the benefits of XFS at the same time ...