Re: Question - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Chris Travers
Subject Re: Question
Re: Question  (Rod Taylor <pg@rbt.ca>)
Re: Question  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-advocacy
On Sat, 2004-02-21 at 09:13, David Costa wrote:

> dead elephant  ;) what about a cool one line postgresql query in lieu
> of him ? could demonstrate the logic power of postgresql vs mysql and
> others
> anyone willing to share a nice one ?

Hmmm....  Thinking of PostgreSQL vs MySQL vs. Firebird.....

Unfortunately most of my complex queries are 8-10 lines long and use
features such as subselects and UNION statements.  Those will show the
difference between MySQL and PostgreSQL, but should work in
Interbase/Firebird.

I am afraid the request to demonstrate the logic power of PostgreSQL in
one line is sort of like asking for a proof to Fermat's Theorem in one
double-spaced page and normal font size.  If someone can do this, I will
be quite impressed :-P

Maybe a really simple PLPerl function might be a good idea?

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers