cacheing metadata - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Dave Cramer
Subject cacheing metadata
List pgsql-jdbc
There is some interest in caching meta-data. I am wondering what the
community thinks of the idea.

Notionally it would be used to speed up DataBaseMetaData queries. It
will require some work on the backend to create triggers on schema
changes. This is being considered as we speak.

The one challenge is that we don't have non-blocking sockets so we
basically have to do an empty query to see if the cache is dirty and
then reload it if it is

Kris has already commented that this sounds like a fair bit of
complexity for a method that is rarely called.

Dave

--
Dave Cramer
519 939 0336