case-(in)sensitive Server - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Daniel Grob
Subject case-(in)sensitive Server
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hi all,

we are here using PostgreSQl 7.1.3 on SUSe 6.4 with Windows 2000 Clients via
ODBC. When I now try to search with OpenOffice 1.0 (from the Client) for
"Test" and its written "test" I cant't found it.
I know that I can search case insensitive in the SQL-Prompt (found serveral
examples).

But my Problem is: The people from the sales dept. use OpenOffice and they
use the integrated Search.

My Question is: Can I make the Postgres Server case-insensitive? - And if
yes, how?

Thanks for help

Daniel

http://www.gmx.net