Re: Postgress and MYSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martin Marques
Subject Re: Postgress and MYSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
Mensaje citado por "Keith C. Perry" <netadmin@vcsn.com>:

> 3) Not being able to "find" something in via search BEFORE even reading the
>    documentation is somewhat backwards.  You have to at least get a feel for
>    the docs before even know what to look for.  That is not to say that the
>    search engine is not problematic but it is to say that I'm am more and
> more
>    convinced that knowing how to search more important than what is being
>    searched for.

I am totally against this kind of believes.
Personally, I think that one of the most important caracteristics a book should
have is a VERY GOOD INDEX. This makes the searching easier.
I can remember starting with Informix, about 4 years ago, and I can say that
even not being excelent manuals the index really helped me and made me save
lots of time when trying to find a determinated information.

> BTW, I've asked this before but where are the 7.4 docs in PS or PDF format?
> If
> any one needs or wants them, I do have the 7.3.2-US books (admin, user,
> programmer & reference) in PS with the duplexing code.  They all fit nicely
> in a
> 3" ring binder and will compliment any bookshelf  :)

I had the 7.1 printed. Read most of it when my wife was in the hospital having
my daughter, and I had to stay there 2 days. :-)

--
select 'mmarques' || '@' || 'unl.edu.ar' AS email;
Martín Marqués          |   Programador, DBA