Re: Postgress and MYSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martin Marques
Subject Re: Postgress and MYSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
Mensaje citado por Rick Gigger <rick@alpinenetworking.com>:

> > >Does anyone have any experience with postgers full text search?
> > >
> > It works well but it is my understanding that our docs search doesn't
> > use PostgreSQL
> > and TSearch. It uses PostgreSQL monogo search or something like that.
>
> That's good to hear.  What is monogo and is it the problem here?  Why don't
> it use TSearch if it is better?  Is it just a matter of someone taking the
> time to set it up?

http://www.mnogosearch.com/

Aparently the problem is that this application is already written (I'm talking
about the presentation and buisness layers).

--
select 'mmarques' || '@' || 'unl.edu.ar' AS email;
Martín Marqués          |   Programador, DBA