Re: Postgress and MYSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martin Marques
Subject Re: Postgress and MYSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
Mensaje citado por Matt Davies <matt@mattdavies.net>:

> Quoting "Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>:
>

> > MySQL has what 19 million in the bank?
>
>  I only point out what the userbase is feeling. I have never been attacked as
> an
> idiot when using MySQL - I have always had helpful responses instead of
> "RTFM"
> as I have seen and experienced here (and with qmail). To many people
> starting
> the decision making process one looks at the type of support and how the
> group
> makes you feel. You don't risk the company or project on potential
> hostility.

Oh, please! I have never seen such a better community then this one (well, some
exceptions come to mind right now, but it's still within the best).

I have personally found GREAT replys from the developers (Tom Lane comes to
mind, saving me lots of time in some ocations), and users of this list.

Don't missunderstand me. Everyone (including me) some times makes responces in a
bit of a hard manner, but I think you have to see the whole picture, and not a
par of snapshots.

P.D.: BTW, RTFM is very good. You can learn alot from them. ;-)

--
select 'mmarques' || '@' || 'unl.edu.ar' AS email;
Martín Marqués          |   Programador, DBA