Re: Use of the copy command - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Keith C. Perry
Subject Re: Use of the copy command
Date
List pgadmin-support
Quoting Tino Wildenhain <tino@wildenhain.de>:

> Hi Keith,
>
> Keith C. Perry wrote:
> > Does copy work in the SQL query editor on the pgadmin III snapshots (for
> > windows).  When I try:
> >
> > copy from 'c:\test.txt'
> >
> > or
> >
> > copy to 'c:\test.txt'
> >

> > I get errors (e.g. "file not found" and "can not use relative pathname"
> > respectively).  Thanks
> >
> This has nothing to do with pgadmin. You are telling the
> _server_ where to look for a file. I'm sure its not
> running natively on a windows machine with this file in place.
>
> Regards
> Tino Wildenhain

Yea, man i tried that like 5 seconds after sending my first email.  This how be
however does lead me to ask is it possible to copy data relative to the client
side?  This would be very useful as well.

Thanks for you response.

--
Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.
Director of Networks & Applications