Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, 2003-12-27 at 13:26, John Sidney-Woollett wrote:
> It just seems that some people are becoming fixated on the number of
> features implemented in either MySQL or Postgres instead of looking at the
> sum total of all the parts.

I'd tend to agree given that mysql's alpha uber new java pl language
with no given release date generates this much concern on these lists,
while microsofts next version of m$ $ql $erver is planning on having
.net compatible pl's, which should give them the ability to program pl
in multiple languages (like we currently have).  This is a much better
feature and coming from a company I have more faith in to deliver the
goods than mysql and their javapl.

Robert Treat