Re: Strange permission problem regarding pg_settings - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Oliver Elphick
Subject Re: Strange permission problem regarding pg_settings
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 16:26, Tom Lane wrote:
> "Florian Pflug" <fgp@phlo.org> writes:
> > Sorry for not specifing the exact postgres versions involved initially - I
> > believed that the problem were different default on redhat and debian, or
> > different compiling options...
>
> > RedHat-9: postgres 7.3.2-3
> > debian: postgres 7.3.2r1-5 (sid backport)
>
> Hm, could the debian version have that rewrite patch, even though it
> claims to be 7.3.2?  I'd have expected the behavior to be the same
> if they're both straight 7.3.2.

Debian 7.3.2r1-5 included several patches that would later be released
in 7.3.3.

     "The spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the
      LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the
      meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to
      proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of
      the prison to them that are bound."
                                        Isaiah 61:1