Re: Perl / mod_perl / PostgreSQL was: Good open source - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Keith C. Perry
Subject Re: Perl / mod_perl / PostgreSQL was: Good open source
Date
List pgsql-general
Quoting Alvar Freude <alvar@a-blast.org>:

Not that I want to see a language perpetuate but I just had to chime in here.
My standard developement environment is Apache2-SSL, mod_perl and PostgreSQL.
It has been quite awhile now.  In my opinion, you have most of the functionality
of Java in a more mature language with an easier syntax.  Couple that with being
able to maintain persistant connections to PostgreSQL from Apache on the backend
and you have an environment with checking out.

If you were turned off by mod_perl 1.0, 2.0 (well 1.99_x) has some new and
refined methods.  The web site (previously posted) is MUCH, MUCH better than
before- more documentation and examples.

I would been able to write my PostgreSQL Authentication module in half the time!

--
Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.
Director of Networks & Applications

This email account is being host by: