Re: Unquoted column names fold to lower case - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Unquoted column names fold to lower case
Date
Re: Unquoted column names fold to lower case
List pgsql-sql
Dev Kumkar <devdas.kumkar@gmail.com> writes:
> Any plans to fix this in next release or having a patch to fix this?

No.

This has been discussed (many times) before.  There isn't any feasible
way to change this behavior without breaking an incredible amount of
code, much of which isn't even under our control.  The marginal increase
in standards compliance is not worth the pain --- especially when the
aspect of the standard in question isn't even one that most of us like.
(All-upper-case is hard to read.)

If this is a deal-breaker for you, then I'm sorry, but you need to find
another database.  Postgres settled on this behavior fifteen years ago,
and we're not changing it now.
        regards, tom lane