Re: CVS of 8.1.x MS-VC6 probrem. - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: CVS of 8.1.x MS-VC6 probrem.
Date
List pgsql-patches
"Hiroshi Saito" <saito@inetrt.skcapi.co.jp> writes:
>> AFAIK we don't support NLS builds with MSVC anyway. (Check
>> pg_config.h.win32, it has no #define NLS). So I don't think this is an
>> issue.

> Um, I agree with you. Probably, Bruce san is also noticed.
> I thought that Bruce san suggested the evolution.
> However, I think that the plan is now difficult for 8.1.1.

Yeah.  I had hoped the client-only build would "just work" with the
snprintf changes, but if not there is no time to make it work for 8.1.1.
I would like to revisit this for 8.1.2 or 8.2, though.  It would be
good to have NLS support in the client-only build, if we intend to keep
supporting that at all.

            regards, tom lane