Re: What do you want me to do? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: What do you want me to do?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 14:00, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> > Bruce Momjian writes:
> >
> > >     o  TODO/FAQ
> >
> > The FAQ might as well be maintained just like the rest of the
> > documentation, i.e., by the development group as a whole.
>
> I encourage others to commit to the FAQ.html file in CVS.  The only
> unique thing I do is to generate the flat file in /docs, and that can be
> done at release time.
>
> > The TODO list could be replaced by a kind of bug-tracking system with
> > developer write access only, so developers could keep their private notes
> > lists in public, add comments on why things are difficult, if the
> > perspective changes, etc.  I have the feeling that key developers for the
> > most part ignore the TODO list and keep their private set of notes.
>
> The only unique thing I do there is to generate an HTML and throw it on
> the web site;  again, others are encouraged to update it.  I do like
> having a file that is small enough to be readable in a short time, but
> the right bug-tracking system could do that.

I know most people have talked about using bugzilla, but is anyone
familiar with GNATS?  I'm currently rereading Open Sources and there's a
paragraph or two mentioning it's use and the fact that it can be
interfaced with completely by email.

Robert Treat