Bug: Opening pgAdmin with a file with mixed line endings - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Matthew Pava
Subject Bug: Opening pgAdmin with a file with mixed line endings
Date
List pgadmin-support
10Pro<p class="MsoNormal"> <p class="MsoNormal">I am opening a file that has mixed line endings.  When I open it
throughthe pgAdmin interface Query window, I receive the following Warning dialog: “The file contains mixed line
endings. They will be converted to the current setting.”  There is an OK button that I press and all is well.<p
class="MsoNormal"> <pclass="MsoNormal">However, I am trying to open it through the command line with this command:<p
class="MsoNormal">pgAdmin3/s "server-name" /q /f filename.sql<p class="MsoNormal"> <p class="MsoNormal">My credentials
tothe database are saved.  Whenever I run that command on files that do not have mixed line endings, I am able to
executethe SQL file simply by clicking the execute button.  However, when the file has mixed line endings, the warning
dialogis covered by the pgAdmin splash screen (the cute elephant), and it is somewhat of a challenge to find the dialog
toclick through it.  I have learned to simply press the Enter the key when I hear the warning dialog sound coming from
class="MsoNormal">SystemAdministrator/Database Programmer<p class="MsoNormal">ISS<p class="MsoNormal">1602 Newton Dr<p
class="MsoNormal">Champaign,IL 61822<p class="MsoNormal">Tel: 217-359-8681<p class="MsoNormal"><a
href="mailto:matthew.pava@iss.com">mailto:matthew.pava@iss.com</a><pclass="MsoNormal"> </div>