MySQL interview, no mention of PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jeff Davis
Subject MySQL interview, no mention of PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Here's an interview in Linux Magazine that doesn't even mention
PostgreSQL. I wouldn't expect the interviewee to mention it, but it's
frustrating that the interviewer didn't even bring it up.

http://www.linux-mag.com/2003-07/monty_01.html

[Note: you have to manually increment the URL to go to the subsequent
pages. I didn't see a "next page" link.]

The most frustrating thing about it is that the MySQL guy is talking
about the big plans for all the new features MySQL will have, and it
reads more like PostgreSQL's HISTORY file (note: I stole that analogy
from someone else).

It would be nice if we had some mindshare among the LAMP crowd. Does
anyone think we can convince O'Reilly to change LAMP to squeeze in
PostgreSQL?

Linux-Apache-MySQL-PostgreSQL-PHP-Python-Perl?

I bet the win32 port will help advocacy a lot. The other thing that
would help I think would be to make it as friendly as possible for ISPs
to do virtual hosting. Schemas are probably helping that a lot already,
and the only other thing I can think of in that area would be resource
monitoring/control. I'm not suggesting that MySQL is better for virtual
hosting, but perhaps if PostgreSQL makes it easier than that will give
us an edge.

    Regards,
        Jeff Davis