Re: [PERFORM] go for a script! / ex: PostgreSQL vs. MySQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ron Johnson
Subject Re: [PERFORM] go for a script! / ex: PostgreSQL vs. MySQL
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, 2003-10-12 at 15:31, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Chris,
>
> > > PostgreSQL requires some more shared memory to cache some tables, x Mb,
> > > do you want to increase your OS kernel parameters?
> > >
> > >    Tweak shmmax and shmmall
> >
> > Note that this still requires a kernel recompile on FreeBSD :(
>
> Not our fault, now is it?   This would mean that we wouldn't be able to script
> for FreeBSD.   Bug the FreeBSD developers.

<TROLL=HAND-GRENADE>
Or use a good OS, instead.
</TROLL>

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

"Oh, great altar of passive entertainment, bestow upon me thy
discordant images at such speed as to render linear thought
impossible"
Calvin, regarding TV