Re: 7.4 Features - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: 7.4 Features
Date
Re: 7.4 Features  (Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl@familyhealth.com.au>)
Re: 7.4 Features  ("Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org>)
List pgsql-advocacy
The 'HISTORY' file in current CVS might be a good place to start: that
already highlights several of the new features.

On Tue, 2003-10-07 at 23:07, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>  Subselects that use indexes (hash joins)

Erm, I believe that's incorrect for several different reasons.

I'd talk about each of the items under the "Performance" heading in the
7.4 relnotes, and perhaps give some examples where applicable.

>  libpq thread safety

Hardly very exciting, IMHO.

>  Indexes no longer growing.

This is a big one, although you might like to note that according to
Tom, not all the cases of index growth might be fixed (there was a
thread on -hackers about this recently).

-Neil