Re: Type of application that use PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Network Administrator
Subject Re: Type of application that use PostgreSQL
Date
Re: Type of application that use PostgreSQL  (Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com>)
List pgsql-general
Quoting Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com>:

>      [stuff deleted]

> Stability is good. If you're feeling cautious, you could use 7.3.4 rather
> than
> the forthcoming 7.4. It's had hot-backup (i.e. no need to stop the db to get
>
> a valid snapshot) for ages. It has a write-ahead-log to replay active
> transactions in case of a crash, and a couple of replication options.

>      [stuff deleted]

> --
>   Richard Huxton
>   Archonet Ltd

Is the ability to do "hot-backups" removed from 7.4.x?  I haven't read the all
of the beta3 docs yet.

--
Keith C. Perry
Director of Networks & Applications