Re: [7.4beta3] pg_dump -t xxx won't output sequences - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: [7.4beta3] pg_dump -t xxx won't output sequences
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Sat, 2003-09-27 at 14:23, Tom Lane wrote:
>     /*
>      * If the user is attempting to dump a specific table, check to ensure
>      * that the specified table actually exists (and is a table or a view,
>      * not a sequence).
>      */
>     if (selectTableName)
>     {
>         for (i = 0; i < ntups; i++)
>             if (strcmp(tblinfo[i].relname, selectTableName) == 0 &&
>                 tblinfo[i].relkind != 'S')
>                 break;
>
> Neil, what's the reason not to allow dumping just a sequence?

Good question. I can't see a good reason not to allow it, and I can't
recall my original reason for including that code. Please go ahead and
revert it (or let me know and I'll submit a patch myself).

Sorry about that.

-Neil