Re: Table alias fun == incorrectly adding tables to join... - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Rod Taylor
Subject Re: Table alias fun == incorrectly adding tables to join...
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> NOTICE:  adding missing FROM-clause entry for table "table_s1"
> NOTICE:  adding missing FROM-clause entry for table "table_s2"

> and execution times explode, naturally.  I don't know if the spec says
> this is the correct behavior or not, but I have a feeling its not and
> this is a bug.

This is a PostgreSQL extension to make it easier on those using the
database. In fact, it's the only way to currently write a delete using a
join.

In 7.4 you can disable this extension in postgresql.conf
(add_missing_from =3D false)