Re: NuSphere and PostgreSQL for windows - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: NuSphere and PostgreSQL for windows
Date
Re: NuSphere and PostgreSQL for windows  (Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su>)
List pgsql-www
From the folks who brought you lawsuits with mysql... If it is true it
is the first I have heard of it. While I don't see why it couldn't be
true (as nusphere did market a mysql database at one time) it seems a
little odd since this would be pretty direct competition with their
parent company, Progress Software. The other odd part being that they
are looking for a developer in Moscow, I didn't know they had offices in
Russia and I don't see mention of any on thier website.

Oleg, depending on the confidentially level of the letter (given that
some core members work for would be direct competitors), could you
forward it to this list or perhaps some of us directly? I'm sure
Josh/myself would like to take a look, it could have interesting
ramifications from an advocacy point-of-view.

Robert Treat