Re: Allow commenting of variables in postgresql.conf to - try 4 - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Allow commenting of variables in postgresql.conf to - try 4
Date
List pgsql-patches
Joachim Wieland <joe@mcknight.de> writes:
> I did not check the changes you have done to set_config_option and the like
> but tested the commenting / uncommenting / changing of guc variables and the
> behavior and log output. The general idea (at least my idea) is that
> whenever a SIGHUP is received and there is some difference between the
> config file and the active value that the server is using, a notice message
> is written to the log.

Notice message?  Where did that come from?  The behavior I thought
people were after was just that variables previously defined by the file
would revert to reset values if not any longer defined by the file.

From a reviewer's point of view, it'd be nice if the patch did not
contain so many useless changes of whitespace.

            regards, tom lane