Re: How to force Nested Loop plan? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Ron Johnson
Subject Re: How to force Nested Loop plan?
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Sat, 2003-08-30 at 15:42, Rob Nagler wrote:
[snip]
> We actually have been quite pleased with Postgres's performance
> without paying much attention to it before this.  When we first set up
> Oracle, we got into all of its parameters pretty heavily.  With
> Postgres, we just tried it and it worked.  This is the first query
> where we ran out of ideas to try.

Dumb question: given your out-of-the-box satisfaction, could it be
that postgresql.conf hasn't been tweaked?

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

484,246 sq mi are needed for 6 billion people to live, 4 persons
per lot, in lots that are 60'x150'.
That is ~ California, Texas and Missouri.
Alternatively, France, Spain and The United Kingdom.