Re: Linux ready for high-volume databases? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ron Johnson
Subject Re: Linux ready for high-volume databases?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 2003-08-26 at 10:00, Dennis Gearon wrote:
> Free BSD may be a toy, maybe not, but it runs more of the webhosting
> domains than any other OS.

That was supposed to be a joke.  Putting FreeBSD in the same class
with Winblows is a prima facia absurdity, no matter how you cut it...

> Ron Johnson wrote:
>
> >On Mon, 2003-08-25 at 16:28, Gregory S. Williamson wrote:

[snip]
> >though I do know that MVS, OpenVMS & Solaris can.  (I won't even
> >ask about toys like Windows and FreeBSD.)

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

"Millions of Chinese speak Chinese, and it's not hereditary..."
Dr. Dean Edell