Re: 'make check' fails - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 'make check' fails
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> We can fix this by making submake-generated-headers be a recursive
>> prerequisite for "check" as well as "all" and "install".  I wonder
>> whether anybody is expecting any other shortcuts to work.

> check-world certainly, but presumably that depends on check?

world is OK because that already depends on "all" at the top level.
(The reason "check" is failing is basically that the "check: all"
dependencies only appear below the top level, and the MAKELEVEL
hack prevents submake-generated-headers from doing anything in
recursive child makes.)