Re: Inheritance & multiple-value fields - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ron Johnson
Subject Re: Inheritance & multiple-value fields
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, 2003-08-02 at 15:26, Vernon Smith wrote:
> We usually use another table for a multi-valued field. Is possible
> having a single multi-valued field table for all tables in the
> same heredity, other than having a multi-valued table for every
> single tables in the heredity?

Sure: Pick, now known as D3.
http://www.rainingdata.com/products/dbms/d3/index.html

However, that breaks the cardinal rule of relational DB design:
http://www.databasejournal.com/sqletc/article.php/26861_1428511_4

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net             |
| Jefferson, LA  USA                                              |
| "I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals, I'm a vegetarian  |
|  because I hate vegetables!"                                    |
|    unknown                                                      |