Re: merging 2 dumps - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Nabil Sayegh
Subject Re: merging 2 dumps
Date
List pgsql-novice
Am Sam, 2003-08-02 um 04.27 schrieb Tom Lane:
> Nabil Sayegh <postgresql@e-trolley.de> writes:
> > I'm kind of afraid to use COPY because of referential integrity,
> > triggers etc.
>
> COPY used to have some problems, but they are all fixed.

I migrated from 7.2.? to 7.3.3 lately.
So the database in question still has old-style referential integrity
constraints.
When I dump the db without -D and force errors by manually editing the
dump and changing a foreign key to a value that doesn't exist, the
import won't recognize it.
There is no errormsg. and the data gets inserted into the table with the
'wrong' value.

Is that because of the old-style RI ?

--
 e-Trolley Sayegh & John, Nabil Sayegh