Re: OSDL DBT-2 for PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Rod Taylor
Subject Re: OSDL DBT-2 for PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2003-08-01 at 20:32, Mark Wong wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 05:05:18PM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> > Mark,
> >
> > > I've just got our DBT-2 workload (TPC-C derivate) working with
> > > PostgreSQL using C stored functions and libpq.  I'd love to get some
> > > feedback.
> >
> > I'm confused.   Jenny Zhang just announced OSDL-DBT3 for Postgres; is this a
> > different test or does one of you have the name wrong?
>
> Yeah, this is a different test.  DBT-3 is based on the TPC-H and DBT-2 is based
> on the TPC-C.

Josh, All 3 (DBT-1 is another style of test) should be included into the
benchmark kit.  It should be noted that the DBT tests are fairly linux
specific at the moment, though that doesn't take much to change. OSDL
has been happy to take portability patches.