Re: Release.sgml markup - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Rod Taylor
Subject Re: Release.sgml markup
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Tue, 2003-07-22 at 15:42, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Rod Taylor writes:
>
> > Attached is the new file based on itemizedlists blocks, and simplelist
> > blocks for the names.
>
> I tried to apply this patch modulo the reservations I expressed, but it's
> impossible to sort out those parts.  Apparently you used some automatic
> search and replace, because I find simplelist elements where they don't
> belong (anything in parentheses?).  Also, I don't want to start using

Unfortunately, yes (last set of brackets). I did a few passes over the
file to reformat prior, checked for unescaped characters, and a few
other simple things.

This is one of the things I meant about making it difficult to process
automagically.  I had corrected the anomolies in earlier releases and
found the ones you were referring to in the 7.3 / 7.4 notes.

> Do you happen to have intermediate versions of the patch lying around that
> contain only the change to itemizedlist?

I don't, nor would it help. 90% of the sections are new with this patch
replacing text headers inside programlistings.

If this is what you want, I will convert the sections to sect1, sect2,
sect3 as is appropriate.

It should be noted that sectN will likely be removed in Docbook 5 (see
ruminations thread in docbook@ lists).  If the XSL stylesheets are
'looking ahead', it is suggested you do not use those tags.

Anyway, please tell me what you decide.

Attachment