Re: ecpg generated files ignorable? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: ecpg generated files ignorable?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I keep seeing these files show up in the source tree in a VPATH build:

> ? src/interfaces/ecpg/compatlib/libecpg_compatddll.def
> ? src/interfaces/ecpg/ecpglib/libecpgddll.def
> ? src/interfaces/ecpg/pgtypeslib/libpgtypesddll.def

> I am not sure if these should stay on the source dir (i.e. are they
> needed in the tarball).  If they are supposed to, then I think they
> should be listed in the corresponding .cvsignore file.

Makefile.shlib builds these in the distprep action, so I suppose
they're supposed to be there.  libpq .cvsignore's its equivalent
files, so I'd agree with doing that.  It looks like there should be
three such files in each directory, though, not just one?