Re: [pgsql-advocacy] interesting PHP/MySQL thread - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mike Benoit
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] interesting PHP/MySQL thread
Date
List pgsql-general
Has anyone else had difficulties gettng a hold of the eRServer people?
I've been instructed to look in to replication with PostgreSQL for
mainly fail-over reasons and it seems I can't even throw money at
eRServer, they won't answer my repeated emails, its been almost 2 weeks
now. :(

It doesn't instill very much confidence, especially since they seem to
focus on support. Maybe someone who works there will read this and get
in touch with me, I'm still very much interested in working with them.

On Sun, 2003-06-22 at 21:59, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Jun 2003, Eric Frazier wrote:
>
> > constantly making major improvements.  I have asked this before, where is
> > Replication with PostgreSQL?
>

> Replication for PostgreSQL has been available, and in production use, for
> at least two years now ... the .ORG registry is using eRServer ... there
> was also a patch for contrib/rserv submit'd just the other week to make it
> multi-slave ... there is also pgreplication (on gborg) and dbmirror ...
> all of which have been around for ages now ...

Best Regards,

Mike Benoit
NetNation Communications Inc.
Systems Engineer
Tel: 604-684-6892 or 888-983-6600

 Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are my own and not
 necessarily those of my employer