Re: A creepy story about dates. How to prevent it? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ron Johnson
Subject Re: A creepy story about dates. How to prevent it?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 2003-06-19 at 11:22, Tom Lane wrote:
> Jean-Luc Lachance <jllachan@nsd.ca> writes:
> > Shouldn't dates be validated using the *LOCALE setting and not try to
> > guess?
>
> It would make sense to offer a "strict" mode in which the date order
> has to be what DateStyle suggests.  I'm astonished that no one seems
> to get the point that there are also good uses for "lax" parsing.

Hey, I also only like the SERIALIZABLE transaction mode.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.     Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA   http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson |
| "Oh, great altar of passive entertainment, bestow upon me |
|  thy discordant images at such speed as to render linear  |
|  thought impossible" (Calvin, regarding TV)               |