Re: lots of configure failures on freebsd/alpha - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Rod Taylor
Subject Re: lots of configure failures on freebsd/alpha
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2003-06-18 at 04:29, Tom Lane wrote:
> "Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl@familyhealth.com.au> writes:
> > configure: WARNING: sys/select.h: present but cannot be compiled
> > configure: WARNING: sys/select.h: check for missing prerequisite headers?
> > [many similar]
>
> <<bare ass guess>> do these headers assume <sys/types.h> as a
> prerequisite on your system?
>
> Not sure why it'd have just now broken, though.  Take a look at the most
> recent commits to the configure stuff if you need clues.

It has something to do with threading.  I have the same errors on a
standard ./configure, but if I run ./configure --with-threads there are
no errors and everything runs fine.

I'll check a little more into it.

--
Rod Taylor <rbt@rbt.ca>