Re: WIP: shared ispell dictionary - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: WIP: shared ispell dictionary
Date
Re: WIP: shared ispell dictionary
List pgsql-hackers
> I know so Tom worries about using of share memory.

You're right, and if I have any say in the matter no patch like this
will ever go in.

What I would suggest looking into is some way of preprocessing the raw
text dictionary file into a format that can be slurped into memory
quickly.  The main problem compared to the way things are done now
is that the current internal format relies heavily on pointers.
Maybe you could replace those by offsets?