Re: [patch] fix dblink security hole - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [patch] fix dblink security hole
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Marko Kreen" <markokr@gmail.com> writes:
> On 9/21/08, Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> wrote:
>> Why? pg_service does not appear to support wildcards, so what is the attack
>> vector?

> "service=foo host=custom"

The proposal to require a password = foo entry in the conn string seems
to resolve all of these, without taking away useful capability.  I don't
think that forbidding use of services altogether is a good thing.

So that seems to tilt the decision towards exposing the conninfo_parse
function.  Joe, do you want to have a go at it, or shall I?