Re: Extracting metadata about attributes from catalog - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Extracting metadata about attributes from catalog
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Bernardo Pons" <bernardo@atlas-iap.es> writes:
>> In 7.1, "format_type(typeoid, typmod)" is what produces the type
>> displays seen in psql.  This may or may not be exactly what you want,
>> but that's how the knowledge of typmod encoding is exported at the
>> moment.

> There's 957 functions in psql (output of \df).

> Would I be so lucky that none of these functions is the one that you
> suggested? :-(

regression=# \df format_type         List of functionsResult |  Function   |  Arguments
--------+-------------+--------------text   | format_type | oid, integer
(1 row)

I did say 7.1, however.  What version are you using?