Re: Fwd: Re: Synchronization issues with pg73jdbc3.jar and - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Dave Cramer
Subject Re: Fwd: Re: Synchronization issues with pg73jdbc3.jar and
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Andras,

Please
see:http://www.postgresql.org/docs/view.php?version=7.3&idoc=1&file=transaction-iso.html

for the reason you are observing the results.

When a transaction is on the serializable level, a SELECT query sees
only data committed before the transaction began; it never sees either
uncommitted data or changes committed during transaction execution by
concurrent transactions. (However, the SELECT does see the effects of
previous updates executed within its own transaction, even though they
are not yet committed.) This is different from Read Committed in that
the SELECT sees a snapshot as of the start of the transaction, not as of
the start of the current query within the transaction. Thus, successive

Dave