Re: add foreign key constraint after table creation? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Nabil Sayegh
Subject Re: add foreign key constraint after table creation?
Date
List pgsql-novice
Am Mon, 2003-05-26 um 20.21 schrieb Rory Campbell-Lange:

> My problem is that I cannot load my full table schema using \i as to
> define peopel I need objects defined and vice versa. To get around this
> I though I could define the foreign key constraint on people.n_object_id
> after I had loaded everything. How do I do it? The alter table \h
> command isn't very helpful!

I'm not sure but you could try opening a transaction (BEGIN) before the
inserts and COMMIT it at the end.
AFAIR that way it's possible to have the constraints checked at the end.

HTH
--
 e-Trolley Sayegh & John, Nabil Sayegh
 Tel.: 0700 etrolley /// 0700 38765539