Re: date/time improvements for 7.2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: date/time improvements for 7.2
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Thomas Lockhart <lockhart@fourpalms.org> writes:
> Are there places which decline to call a "normalization
> routine" if typmod is less than zero, rather than equal to -1?

The format_type routines think that typmod < 0 means "no typmod
specified".  I am not sure where else this may be true, but I'm
pretty sure that that behavior was copied from elsewhere.  We could
try to tighten up the convention to be that only exactly -1 means
"unspecified", but I'm worried about what code we might miss.