Re: 7.3 PDF documentation - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Network Administrator
Subject Re: 7.3 PDF documentation
Date
List pgsql-general
Quoting Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net>:

> The files I put up are pdf files, and are available now. Note if you look in
>
> the docs, there is a section called "Building the Documentation" that
> explains different ways you can build the docs. Questions about that should
> be sent to the -docs mailing list.

Ok, great thanks...

> As for 7.3.3, I'd suspect a release within the next month, but that's pure
> speculation. A few more people testing 7.3.3 from CVS would probably help
> speed up the processes. As far as docs are concerned though, I believe the
> standing policy is that most doc fixes don't get backpatched for minor
> releases, so I wouldn't expect anything different for docs even once 7.3.3 is
>
> released.

Right, right- I would expect changes for the minor releases but I know there are
some things different in 7.3 compared to 7.2 and I want re-print my docs because
I'm going to bring all my servers up to 7.3.x.  I'm going to wait for the 7.3.3
release since it sounds like its almost ready.

Thanks again

> Robert Treat
>
> On Friday 18 April 2003 06:11 pm, Network Administrator wrote:
> > Ahh, ok I was just about to email Jeffery and tell him I didn't have the
> > stuff to compile the sgml files.  When can we grab the PS version?  Better
> > yet, when 7.3.3 going to be out  :)

Keith C. Perry
Director of Networks & Applications
VCSN, Inc.