Re: Many comments (related to "Are we losing momentum?") - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: Many comments (related to "Are we losing momentum?")
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2003-04-16 at 11:51, Dave Page wrote:
> [...]

Oddly I don't see the link he's referring to, but I've always thought it
unfortunate that the postgresql community didn't hold onto those domain
names. I was just speaking with a tech writer last night who mentioned
how the company that was initially behind postgresql went kaput ("I
think it was called great river or something?") Took me a minute to set
him straight on that.

Anyways, I've offered to look into setting up gforge services in the
past as it's a mature project with a good development community and the
founder (Tim Perdue) has always been friendly with the PostgreSQL
community. Course I don't see this as an immediate need, but long term I
think it would be a good idea.

> > The firebird, sapdb and mysql sites are
> > killing postgres here.  The postgres homepage and related
> > links is the first thing someone new to postgres sees!  There
> > shouldn't be news on any of the main pages from back in 2001.
>
> There isn't. The oldest news is from January 2003.
>
> Wrt your comments on the style of some of the pages linked off the main
> site (the archives spring to mind), if there are any volunteers to help
> fix that, please raise your hands because my time is limited and I could
> do with some committed help on that sort of thing.

I'm in the process of adding the newsletters to the main page (expect
questions your way later today ;-) but once I am done with that
"cohesiveness" will definitely be on my radar screen.

Robert Treat