Re: Upgrade to Red Hat Linux 9 broke PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Network Administrator
Subject Re: Upgrade to Red Hat Linux 9 broke PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
Or you can use a run-time Linux CD (or boot floppies) and use the "dd" program
in Linux to image your drive.  I built an imaging solution with a modified
Slackware 8.0 run-time CD (disk 2) this way.  Its biased for Dell (and all
they're RAID stuff) but if your hardware is not too proprietary you can pretty
much do things right with the stock CD or newer boot floppies...

You could even compress the image to save space.

Quoting Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org>:

> On Tuesday 15 April 2003 14:35, Dennis Gearon wrote:
> > At the current moment, I keep a full harddrive backup of the harddrives in
> > my box on older machines. What to do with WinXP, i don't know yet. In
> fact,
> > I don't know how to do a drive copy with Linux either. something else to
> > learn, I guess.
>
> Norton Ghost.
> --
> Lamar Owen