Re: Upgrade to Red Hat Linux 9 broke PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tony Grant
Subject Re: Upgrade to Red Hat Linux 9 broke PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 2003-04-15 at 20:35, Lamar Owen wrote:

> > At the current moment, I keep a full harddrive backup of the harddrives in
> > my box on older machines. What to do with WinXP, i don't know yet. In fact,
> > I don't know how to do a drive copy with Linux either. something else to
> > learn, I guess.
>
> Norton Ghost.

rsync - saved my life more than once. On Linux you only need to back up
/home and /etc for basics and if you want to be more complicated you
rsync the rest too.

Of course your PostgreSQL data is on another drive which is mirrored...

Cheers

Tony Grant